About The Goalie School
At The Goalie School (TGS), our goaltenders will be trained not to waste time, movement or energy.
Our goal is to provide the student with the knowledge and skills necessary to build a solid foundation and to allow for future growth, no matter where or whom that goalie is playing, training, or practising with.
We teach a butterfly hybrid style of goaltending with a strong emphasis on mobility (skating), form/technique, net presence and rebound control – the cornerstone skills of a technically sound goaltender.
- Visual – head trajectory / making visual contact with the puck
- Mental – reading the play
- Physical – reacting to the play
The Goalie School’s training focuses on:
- Mobility and foot speed
- Positioning and posture (ability to get square)
- Proper depth and angle
- Net awareness
- Rebound control
- Protecting the posts
- Tracking the puck (head trajectory)
- Recovery techniques
- Reaction saves
- Reverse vertical-horizontal technique
- Mental toughness